The ingredients are listed on two large or three medium Calzones.
- boiled potatoes (large) - 1 pc .;
- potato broth - 125 g (half a glass);
- yeast (dry) - 4 g (heaped teaspoon);
- salt - 4 g (half a teaspoon);
- sugar - 5 g (a teaspoon without a slide);
- olive oil - 25 g (1.5 tablespoons);
- wheat flour - 200 g.
For lubrication and rolling:
- flour - 50 g;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- spices - 5 g (optional)
- chicken breast (boiled, fried, smoked) - 1 pc;
- hard cheese - 70 g;
- Mozzarella cheese - 50 g;
- onions - 100 g (2-3 small pieces);
- tomatoes - 100 g (2 small or one large);
- green onions - 10 g;
- greens to taste (optional) - 10 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Vulcan wood-fired pizza oven
Calzone is a closed variation of Italian pizza. Calzone's recipe is time-tested and widespread in restaurant establishments not only in Italy, but throughout the world. The secret of success, as always, is simple - not a complicated dough, a huge selection of fillings and a good wood-burning oven.
Unlike ordinary pizza, Calzone has one pronounced feature - the closed form of the pie allows you to keep the flavor of the filling inside, which opens gradually when the dough is opened. Wood-fired cooking also adds a special flavor and aroma to this dish.
It is difficult to define the traditional classic Calzone recipe, because this pie is varied, tasty and in demand in any of its versions!
We offer Calzone recipe, which is baked with constant quality in wood-burning ovens TM Vulcan.
The filling in the furnace is carried out at a temperature of 300 ° C (glowing coals).
IMPORTANT to remember to rotate the cake after 1-2 minutes for even baking!
The baking time of Calzone in a wood-fired oven is 4 to 5 minutes.
- First, you need to prepare the dough: knead boiled potatoes in a small amount of potato broth, add the remaining broth, yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil, flour. Knead a soft dough and leave to rise for one hour. The dough will be sticky in use, so hands can be greased with oil.
- Preparation of the filling:
- cut chicken fillet into small pieces;
- grate both types of cheese;
- cut the onion into half rings 2-3 mm thick;
- tomatoes, depending on size, in slices up to 5 mm;
- finely chop the herbs.
- Mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Dough, half of the rise, divide into 2-3 parts. One piece of dough is rolled out on a floured surface to the desired size The finished filling is laid out in the center of one half of the circle. The filling is covered with the second half of the dough and pinched.
4. Before baking, the Calzone is brushed with a beaten egg and sprinkled with spices (optional).
5. Calzone's readiness is determined by the color of the dough, it should be brownish and ruddy.
This Calzone recipe will complete your menu with a delicious and delicious wood-fired oven!